AML/CTF Compliance Officer
- Agency: Customs
- Reference: R01422019
- Posted: 03-Jun-2019
- Closing Date: 19-Jun-2019
- Salary: CI$58,344 - CI$78,456
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
CUSTOMS AND BORDER CONTROL SERVICE
Ministry of Employment & Border Control
invites applications for the following position:
AML/CTF Compliance Officer
The post holder will be responsible for coordinating, designing, evaluating, supporting, and influencing a culture of compliance as it relates to Money Laundering/Counter Terrorism Financing and Proliferation Financing throughout the organization; as well as assisting in the management and execution of an efficient compliance monitoring program, with the assistance of specialist agencies.
- Manage, execute, monitor and assess all activities relating to Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) and Proliferation Financing.
Develop and participate in compliance programs and initiatives.
Assist with the development and management of a compliance sign-off process.
Improve and maintain risk assessment framework to support all customer interactions.
Provide oversight to operational teams to ensure they are compliant with reporting of suspicious activities obligations.
Ensure detailed and prompt investigation of all AML/CTF incidents and cases
Ensure timely feedback on cases
Maintain a proper database of all incidents reported internally and externally.
- Manage and improve the framework for reporting suspicious activities in accordance with legal obligations
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Criminal Justice or relevant field, plus Senior Investigating Officer with a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in law enforcement or related field; OR
- Associates degree with a minimum of seven (7) years’ investigative work experience in law enforcement or related field.
- Anti-Money Laundering diploma or similar qualifications preferred, however candidate must agree to attain the Diploma within twelve (12) months.
- Professional certification with an organization, such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), is desired.
- Experience and knowledge of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) new 40 Recommendations and Immediate Outcomes and the Guidance Notes issued under the Cayman Islands Money Laundering Regulations.
PLEASE SUBMIT GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
Customs and Border Control Service
2nd Floor, Owen Roberts Drive, GT
P.O. Box 898
Grand Cayman, KY1-1103
Deadline for Receipt of Applications:
Wednesday, 19th June 2019
Applicants may be subjected to rigorous background checks above what is usually required and testing before being considered for an interview.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.