- Agency: Customs
- Reference: R01442019
- Posted: 03-Jun-2019
- Closing Date: 19-Jun-2019
- Salary: CI$58,344 - CI$78,456
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
CUSTOMS AND BORDER CONTROL SERVICE
Ministry of Employment & Border Control
invites applications for the following position:
The post holder has responsibility for managing and maintaining the organization’s obligations as it relates to the investigation and reporting of Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorism Financing and Proliferation Financing related activities. The post holder is accountable for the analysis of disclosures of financial information reported in Suspicious Activity Reports (“SARS”).
- Assist in the development of compliance initiatives and programs to conform with regulatory obligations (legal, licensing, memorandum of understanding, treaties, etc.).
- Analyze complex financial information reported in Suspicious Activity Reports. Plan, organize and conduct relevant research using all available resources.
- Develop and prepare recommendations consistent with the legislative requirements of the Proceeds of Crime Law (“PCL”) and the other related laws, polices, procedures and regulations.
- Draft and prepare all SARs related correspondence for the attention of the Deputy Director, including requests for additional information relative to disclosure.
- Provide advice and support on matters relating to financial transactions information and intelligence products associated with money laundering and terrorism financing and proliferation typologies.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Criminal Justice or relevant field, plus Senior Investigating Officer with a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in law enforcement or related field; OR
- Associates degree with a minimum of seven (7) years’ investigative work experience in law enforcement or related field.
- Anti-Money Laundering diploma or similar qualifications preferred, however candidate must agree to attain the Diploma within twelve (12) months.
- Professional certification with an organization, such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), is desired.
- Experience and knowledge of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) new 40 Recommendations and Immediate Outcomes and the Guidance Notes issued under the Cayman Islands Money Laundering Regulations.
PLEASE SUBMIT GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
Customs and Border Control Service
2nd Floor, Owen Roberts Drive, GT
P.O. Box 898
Grand Cayman, KY1-1103
Deadline for Receipt of Applications:
Wednesday, 19th June 2019
Applicants may be subjected to rigorous background checks above what is usually required and testing before being considered for an interview.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.