- Agency: Customs
- Reference: R01432019
- Posted: 03-Jun-2019
- Closing Date: 19-Jun-2019
- Salary: CI$58,344 - CI$78,456
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
CUSTOMS AND BORDER CONTROL SERVICE
Ministry of Employment & Border Control
invites applications for the following position:
The post holder will lead or perform work involving the complex research, analysis, and evaluation of information to identify known or suspected criminal or administrative misconduct, and/or to assist Investigators in ongoing investigations.
- Designs and produces various statistical, analytical and confidential products (reports, maps, spreadsheets, and other documents) using a variety of computer software which may be utilized by the organisation personnel, other law enforcement agencies or other appropriate authorities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of rules governing records dissemination outside the organisation reporting classification standards. Maintains data in secure confidential manner.
- Reviews organization policies in order to ensure compliance with stated guidelines for reporting and disseminating information. Makes recommendations when changes are necessary.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of all administrative data related to the operation and performance of the organisation. This includes long range trend analysis, in-depth causal analysis, and future predictability studies of macro level crime data.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collections systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality; and improve processes.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Criminal Justice or relevant field, plus Senior Investigating Officer with a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in law enforcement or related field; OR
- Associates degree with a minimum of seven (7) years’ investigative work experience in law enforcement or related field.
- Anti-Money Laundering diploma or similar qualifications preferred, however candidate must agree to attain the Diploma within twelve (12) months.
- Professional certification with an organization, such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), is desired.
- Experience and knowledge of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) new 40 Recommendations and Immediate Outcomes and the Guidance Notes issued under the Cayman Islands Money Laundering Regulations.
PLEASE SUBMIT GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
Customs and Border Control Service
2nd Floor, Owen Roberts Drive, GT
P.O. Box 898
Grand Cayman, KY1-1103
Deadline for Receipt of Applications:
Wednesday, 19th June 2019
Applicants may be subjected to rigorous background checks above what is usually required and testing before being considered for an interview.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.