You are here:
Homepage > Prohibitions & Restrictions > Customs Tariff and Law > Schedule 1 - Import duties
Index of Sections and Chapters
Section I - Live Animals; Animal Products
- Live animals.
- Meat and edible meat offal.
- Fish and crustaceans, molluscs and other aquatic invertebrates.
- Dairy produce; birds' eggs; natural honey; edible products of animal origin, not elsewhere specified or included.
- Products of animal origin, not elsewhere specified or included.
Section II - Vegetable Products
- Live trees and other plants; bulbs, roots and the like; cut flowers and ornamental foliage.
- Edible vegetables and certain roots and tubers.
- Edible fruit and nuts; peel of citrus fruit or melons.
- Coffee, tea, mate and spices.
- Products of the milling industry; malt; starches; inulin; wheat gluten.
- Oil seeds and oleaginous fruits; miscellaneous grains, seeds and fruit; industrial or medicinal plants; straw and Fodder.
- Lac; gums, resins and other vegetable saps and extracts.
- Vegetable plaiting materials; vegetable products not elsewhere specified or included.
Section III - Animal or Vegetable Fats and Oils and Their Cleavage Products; Prepared Edible Fats; Animal or Vegetable Waxes
- Animal or vegetable fats and oils and their cleavage products; prepared edible fats; animal or vegetable waxes.
Section IV - Prepared Foodstuffs; Beverages, Spirits and Vinegar; Tobacco and Manufactured Tobacco Substitutes
- Preparations of meat, of fish or of crustaceans, molluscs or other aquatic invertebrates.
- Sugars and sugar confectionery.
- Cocoa and cocoa preparations.
- Preparations of cereals, flour, starch or milk; pastrycooks' products.
- Preparations of vegetables, fruit, nuts or other parts of plants.
- Miscellaneous edible preparations.
- Beverages, spirits and vinegar.
- Residues and waste from the food industries; prepared animal fodder.
- Tobacco and manufactured tobacco substitutes.
Section V - Mineral Products
- Salt; sulphur; earths and stone; plastering materials, lime and cement.
- Ores, slag and ash.
- Mineral fuels, mineral oils and products of their distillation; bituminous substances; mineral waxes.
Section VI - Products of the Chemical or Allied Industries
- Inorganic chemicals; organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals, of rare-earth metals, of radioactive elements or of isotopes.
- Organic chemicals.
- Pharmaceutical products.
- Tanning or dyeing extracts; tannins and their derivatives; dyes, pigments and other colouring matter; paints and varnishes; putty and other mastics; inks.
- Essential oils and resinoids; perfumery, cosmetic or toilet preparations.
- Soap, organic surface-active agents, washing preparations, lubricating preparations, artificial waxes, prepared waxes, polishing or scouring preparations, candles and similar articles, modelling pastes, "dental waxes" and dental preparations with a basis of plaster.
- Albuminoidal substances; modified starches; glues; enzymes.
- Explosives; pyrotechnic products; matches; pyrophoric alloys; certain combustible preparations.
- Photographic or cinematographic goods.
- Miscellaneous chemical products.
Section VII - Plastics and Articles thereof; Rubber and Articles thereof
- Plastics and articles thereof.
- Rubber and articles thereof.
Section VIII - Raw Hides and Skins, Leather, Furskins and Articles Thereof; Saddlery and Harness; Travel Goods, Handbags and Similar Containers; Articles of Animal Gut (other than Silk-Worm Gut)
- Raw hides and skins (other than furskins) and leather.
- Articles of leather; saddlery and harness; travel goods, handbags and similar containers; articles of animal gut (other than silk-worm gut).
- Furskins and artificial fur; manufactures thereof.
Section IX - Wood and Articles of Wood; Wood Charcoal; Cork and Articles of Cork; Manufactures of Straw, of Esparto or of other Plaiting aterials; Basketware and Wickerwork
- Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal.
- Cork and articles of cork.
- Manufactures of straw, of esparto or of other plaiting materials; basketware and wickerwork.
Section X - Pulp of Wood or of Other Fibrous Cellulosic Material; Recovered (Waste and Scrap) Paper or Paperboard; Paper and Paperboard and Articles thereof
- Pulp of wood or of other fibrous cellulosic material; recovered (waste and scrap) paper or paperboard.
- Paper and paperboard; articles of paper pulp, of paper or of paperboard.
- Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and Plans.
Section XI - Textiles and Textile Articles
- Wool, fine or coarse animal hair; horsehair yarn and woven fabric.
- Other vegetable textile fibres; paper yarn and woven fabrics of paper yarn.
- Man-made filaments.
- Man-made staple fibres.
- Wadding, felt and nonwovens; special yarns; twine, cordage, ropes and cables and articles thereof.
- Carpets and other textile floor coverings.
- Special woven fabrics; tufted textile fabrics; lace; tapestries; trimmings; embroidery.
- Impregnated, coated, covered or laminated textile fabrics; textile articles of a kind suitable for industrial use.
- Knitted or crocheted fabrics.
- Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, knitted or crocheted.
- Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, not knitted or crocheted.
- Other made up textile articles; sets; worn clothing and worn textile articles; rags.
Section XII - Footwear, Headgear, Umbrellas, Sun Umbrellas, Walking-Sticks, Seat-Sticks, Whips, Riding-Crops and Parts thereof; Prepared Feathers and Articles Made therewith; Artificial Flowers; Articles of Human Hair
- Footwear, gaiters and the like; parts of such articles.
- Headgear and parts thereof.
- Umbrellas, sun umbrellas, walking-sticks, seat-sticks, whips, riding-crops and parts thereof.
- Prepared feathers and down and articles made of feathers or of down; artificial flowers; articles of human hair.
Section XIII - Articles of Stone, Plaster, Cement, Asbestos, Mica or Similar Materials; Ceramic Products; Glass and Glassware
- Articles of stone, plaster, cement, asbestos, mica or similar materials.
- Ceramic products.
- Glass and glassware.
Section XIV - Natural or Cultured Pearls, Precious or Semi-Precious Stones, Precious Metals, Metals Clad With Precious Metal, and Articles thereof; Imitation Jewellery; Coin
- Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals, metals clad with precious metal, and articles thereof; imitation jewellery; coin.
Section XV - Base Metals and Articles of Base Metal
- Iron and steel.
- Articles of iron or steel.
- Copper and articles thereof.
- Nickel and articles thereof.
- Aluminium and articles thereof.
- Reserved for future use
- Lead and articles thereof.
- Zinc and articles thereof.
- Tin and articles thereof.
- Other base metals; cermets; articles thereof.
- Tools, implements, cutlery, spoons and forks, of base metal; parts thereof of base metal.
- Miscellaneous articles of base metal.
Section XVI - Machinery and Mechanical Appliances; Electrical Equipment; Parts thereof; Sound Recorders And Reproducers, Television Image and Sound Recorders and Reproducers, and Parts and Accessories of Such Articles
- Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances; parts thereof.
- Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles.
Section XVII - Vehicles, Aircraft, Vessels and Associated Transport Equipment
- Railway or tramway locomotives, rolling-stock and parts thereof; railway or tramway track fixtures and fittings and parts thereof; mechanical (including electro-mechanical) traffic signalling equipment of all kinds.
- Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling-stock, and parts and accessories thereof.
- Aircraft, spacecraft, and parts thereof.
- Ships, boats and floating structures.
Section XVIII - Optical, Photographic, Cinematographic, Measuring, Checking, Precision, Medical or Surgical Instruments And Apparatus; Clocks and Watches; Musical Instruments; Parts and Accessories Thereof
- Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measuring, checking, precision, medical or surgical instruments and apparatus; parts and accessories thereof.
- Clocks and watches and parts thereof.
- Musical instruments; parts and accessories of such articles.
Section XIX - Arms And Ammunition; Parts and Accessories Thereof
- Arms and ammunition; parts and accessories thereof.
Section XX - Miscellaneous Manufactured Articles
- Furniture; bedding, mattresses, mattress supports, cushions and similar stuffed furnishings; lamps and lighting fittings, not elsewhere specified or included; illuminated signs, illuminated name-plates and the like; prefabricated buildings.
- Toys, games and sports requisites; parts and accessories thereof.
- Miscellaneous manufactured articles.
Section XXI - Works of Art, Collectors Pieces and Antiques
- Works of art, collectors pieces and antiques.
Section XXII - Other Special Classification Provisions
- Other special classification provisions.